Friday, June 6, 2008

idea visualization and connection


This photo from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology depicts creative thinking and strategy in the works. I'm fascinated by a lot of things, most of them being things that make me wonder: how they hell did they come up with that?? A previous manager tried to teach me this brainstorming exercise, in which you (duh) brainstorm and then find the links between seemingly disparate ideas. It's easier to picture it through this photo. See the lines between the stickies? That's what I'm talking about!

Why am I writing about this? Well, it's because I'm trying to figure out how my various passions and interests complement each other. Aside from pure eclecticism and randomness, there has to be a connection or intersection between my love of photography, belief in arts administration and artist support structures, work experience in business consulting, and foray into interactive marketing, obsession with interior/surface design, thirst for knowledge about the creative economy, and burgeoning interest in design management and strategy. The links are there, I know it, I just have to figure out what it all leads to...

No comments: