Saturday, January 19, 2008

Published in DC Magazine, January 2008 issue

Turn to p. 131 of the Jan. 2008 issue of DC Magazine - My photos from the Hay-Adams Wine Dinner, organized and hosted by DC Mag Publisher, Peter Abrahams, are featured in the About Town section!

This was the second event I had photographed for this publication. The first, the HomeAid Gala, was a massive event, and an unnerving one at that. There were over 300 guests and very limited lighting. I was particularly annoyed when another photographer at the event, not assigned by DC Magazine, came up to me and basically gave me "permission" to get up closer to the stage and shoot. What he didn't know is that the magazine has specific requirements, and the shot he was taking did not fit into those parameters.

This event, the Hay-Adams Wine Dinner, was a very small, intimate affair with an attendance cap of 15. I only needed to take photos during the cocktail hour, and was released when the guests were seated for dinner. I was very happy with the arrangement, and relieved that I didn't have to photograph the meal. From my experience with wedding photography, that's because no one likes to have their photo taken in the middle of a bite.

My next event assignment for DC Magazine is the Washington Humane Society's Sugar and Champagne fundraiser. I'm super excited for this since there will be dogs at this event, and I LOVE dogs!

No comments: