Thursday, November 20, 2008

Xmas Wish List: Photo Books


**Cape Light
Photographs by Joel Meyerowitz
One of my most favorite photography books, and I still don’t own it.

**Travelers
Photographs by Walter Martin and Paloma Muñoz
Miniature scapes in a "snow globe" environment = Fascinating. This book is getting a ton of buzz; I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Domestic Landscapes: A Portrait of Europeans at Home
Photographs by Bert Teunissen
Beautiful, nostalgic environmental portraits of people and their homes.

Hellen van Meene: Portraits

Photographs by Hellen van Meene
Simply beautiful portraits. The blasé attitudes of the subjects, in tandem with lighting and texture, play so much into the overall mood of the images.

Nicaragua: June 1978–July 1979

Photographs by Susan Meiselas
I just really like her work, and my selection is most likely influenced by the fact that I’m traveling to Nicaragua next week.

People of the 20th Century – Volumes 1-7
Photographs by August Sander
My dear friend and fellow photog, Marisa, owns this, and I wish the set was small enough for me to hide in my bag so that I can borrow them indefinitely ;p August Sander is probably the only photographer I really remember from the History of Photography course I took back in undergrad.

The Places We Live

Photographs by Jonas Bendiksen
I’m fascinated by the concept and multiple definitions of home. This is just one book of many in this list that explores this topic.

Tinyvices: Amelia's World
Photographs by Robin Schwartz
Ok, I confess, the chimp got me.

View PDN’s picks: http://www.pdnonline.com/pdn/content_display/features/featured-in-print/e3i0731a97427122625299575f27caced9f

View Aperture’s selection: http://www.aperture.org/books/books-new

** Indicates the books I would really, really like to get as a Xmas present.

No comments: