Tuesday, May 6, 2008

hanging art, salon style


Almost finished hanging my photographs at artomatic. it's been a busy few days, and just a couple until friday's opening party.

Come check out my work on the 9th Floor, 9NW B3.

From what I've seen so far, the work is pretty good, and funny enough I seemed to pick the "photographers" quadrant since there are many photogs exhibiting in that specific area. It's a weird but nice feeling to see my images blown up - I've only ever printed to 16x20 before now, and up on a wall. The last exhibition I had was back in 2002.

Marisa and I were very inventive in hanging our respective prints, using archival tape, and then placing velcro on the taped part to adhere to the wall. It actually works really well. I still have a couple of prints to hang since the velcro ran out, and I still need to make a sign and update my statement and pricing guide.

I think that's actually the hardest part, the pricing, since many people don't understand what goes into it (much like bidding on work) and balk at a price they don't expect.

No comments: