Friday, December 11, 2009

(danse de) macabre


i've add a new series of images, entitled (danse de) macabre to the personal projects section of my website. artist's statements aren't my strong point, but i'm trying to evoke a sense of moroseness through the monochromatic palette and the objects themselves. my favorite image is the last one - i love the bird inside the hurricane glass, the reflection of the cross where its eye should be, and the dias de los muertos bride and groom figurines in the background. i feel it speaks to my internal conflict with the concept of marriage and the intense struggle i have with the conventions that people place on it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(From Kate) The photos are beautiful, Tara. I agree about the last photo being the best and also with your take on marriage (although I did recently succumb!)
I also think the poodle pic and the one of the books are amazing. Loving all the contrast. Thanks for letting us be a part of your artistic exploration!