Friday, March 21, 2008

cool wall art

Just stumbled across this very cool site. Jan Bekman owns a very prominent gallery in NYC, but is making art available to all at 2x200. At this site, each piece of art is on sale for $20. Yup, $20. You could buy 4 cups of coffee at Starbucks with that. Larger editions of available prints are available, but prices increase at that point. I particularly love this one. Looking at the thumbnail I thought it was a painting, but it's actually a backlit photograph of a kid against a museum diorama. This would look so cool hanging above my bed! But I can't afford the $2000 price tag for the large print. I also really like this piece, but its a bit macabre in a very pretty way. But who cares, I own Matt Sesow paintings (just one, actually) and one could argue that his work is quite dark...

No comments: